Let’s Jam Tonight!
Tantalize your taste buds as the EuroBalkan Shop brings you the sweetest treats from the enchanting orchards of Macedonia! With the freshest Macedonian jams and preserves available on our shelves, we’re sure you’ll be able to whip up delicious desserts that even Grandma would be proud of! We currently have in stock:
Apricot Jam Fig Jam
Wild Fig Preserves Quince Preserves
And to top it all off, here’s a quick recipe for making scrumptious Italian cookies using any of these delicious fruit based jams. Happy shopping!
Prep Time: 50 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 15 servings
- Apricot Jam by Diem (available at the EuroBalkan Shop)
- 200g (1 stick) butter at room temperature
- 70g (1/3 cup) sugar
- 250g (1 ¼ cups) flour
- 200g (1 cup) shredded coconut
- 1g (about 1/4 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 2g (about ½ teaspoon) salt
- 1 egg, separated
1. Mix (cream) together the butter and sugar using a fork or a mixer.
2. Separate the egg. Add the egg yolk to the sugar mixture and set aside the egg white. Add the vanilla to the sugar mixture and combine well.
3. In a second bowl, combine the flour and salt. Then add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir to form the cookie dough.
4. Roll the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic and then refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
5. After dough has refrigerated, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Divide the dough into portions approximately 1 tablespoon each, and shape them into balls.
6. Dip each ball into the egg white (reserved from step 2) and cover in coconut. Place each cookie on the baking sheet and then make a small dent on the top of each cookie with your finger.
7. Spoon about 2g (½ teaspoon) of Apricot Jam into each indentation.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the edges of the coconut turn a golden brown
9. Dig in!