Spicy Ajvar Chicken Stew – Recipe
Calling all AJVAR LOVERS! You spoke, and we listened! The EuroBalkan Shop has amazed its growing band of loyal customers yet again by acquiring BAS AJVER’S delicious spicy ajvar. While ajvar is usually eaten as a spread or a dipping sauce, real ajvar aficionados will know that the tasty red pepper condiment is extremely flexible in the kitchen, and can be used to enhance the flavors of even the simplest meals. Wanna use up your leftover veggies while still delivering incredible taste? Try out our mouthwatering Spicy Ajvar Chicken Stew below!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 65 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 150g (about 10 tablespoons) of BAS AJVER’S spicy ajvar
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves
- 1000g (about 4 cups) chicken stock
- 500g (about 5 cups) of leftover veggies, peeled and chopped (this recipe uses leftover sweet potatoes, rapini, mushrooms, yellow bell peppers)
- 12-16 baby tomatoes
- 1 large chopped onion
- 30g (about 2 tablespoons) of olive oil
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil, chopped veggies, tomatoes and onion. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until onions are caramelized (about 4 minutes).
- Remove sautéed veggies. Add chicken breasts to the pot and sear until lightly browned (about 5 minutes on each side)
- Add sautéed veggies, thyme, bay leaf and chicken stock to the chicken breasts.
- Cover the pot and bring the cooking liquid to a simmer.
- Stir in BAS AJVER’S spicy ajvar
- Let the pot simmer for 40 minutes on low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Serve and enjoy!